About This Recipe
Chef(s): Taelor Rankin, Hailey Watters, Riley Cole
Location: Allen HS 2015
- Calories - 130
- Fat – 4.5 grams
- Sat. Fat – 2 grams
- Fiber – 3 grams
- Sugar - 15 grams
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, medium
- 1/2 tsp Lemon or Lime juice
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Plain, Non-fat Yogurt
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut, unsweetened, shredded
- 1 Tbsp. Pecans, raw, chopped
- Wash and dry apple.
- Core apple and cut in half. Cut each half into wedges to give 8 wedges total.
- Put lemon/lime juice in small bowl and dip apple wedges.
- Push a cake pop stick into each piece of apple.
- Combine cinnamon, yogurt and honey in a small bowl.
- Dip each apple slice into yogurt mixture.
- Immediately sprinkle with coconut or pecans.
- Place apple pops on a tray or plate and place in freezer for 20-30 minutes until yogurt is frozen.